Friday, October 5, 2012

Meet The Empress


Ni hao, everyone. My name is Wu Zetian, and I was the ruler of China during the Zhou Dynasty.  I also held imperial positions prior to that during the Tang Dynasty. I was originally the concubine to Emperor Taizong.  After his death, I married his son Gaozong, who was, coincidently, his father's successor.  After Emperor Gaozong's stroke in 660, I took over the rule of China.  During my political and military leadership, the Chinese empire expanded considerably, and the conquest of Korea was completed.  I am of interest to many historians because of my unlikely rise to power and because I was the "only female in Chinese history to rule as emperor" (Women in World History)

--I would like to thank Wikipedia for filling me in on details that I've forgotten about my own life.  I am sorry to say that, as I am currently 1,387 years old, my memory is not what it once was.

1 comment:

  1. Is there any information suggesting that Wu married her husband's son, Gaozong, to. keep her social status?

    ReplyDelete